- Exploring notions of imaginary, memory, visible, impermanence and “passage,” Servane Aubineau’s practice questions our physical, cultural and spiritual relationship with the “natural world”. Her practice of photography favors an experimental visual and plastic art approach that she expresses through alternative processes, such as gum bichromate or by manipulating images and supports.
- Born in 1979, French Visual Artist Servane Aubineau lives and works in Bogota, Colombia.
- Trained at the “Université d’Arts Plastiques et Audiovisuels” and at the “École Européenne Supérieure de l’Image,” in Poitiers, France, she obtained a diploma 2003 “d’Arts Plastiques” and thereafter the “Diplôme National Supérieur d’Expression Plastique” in 2005.
- She then followed her artistic practice simultaneously and complementary as teacher of arts in Paris.
- In 2013 she settled in Bogota where she most-essentially concentrates on her artistic work.
- Her practice ever being meticulously nourished by her years of teaching art history - and related references.
- Since 2014, Servane Aubineau had personal and collective exhibitions in several different cultural institutions of Bogota such as the Museum Casa Quinta de Bolivar, the gallery Casa Cuadrada and the Neebex Gallery, and was invited to conduct workshops and conferences about alternative photographic techniques in various universities of the capital.
2015ARTBO 2015International art fair of Bogotá.
Sextante gallery, Bogotá, Colombia.
2015Lumens 2015Alternative and experimental photography.
Neebex gallery, Bogotá, Colombia.
201513th national exhibition of Art DiversityCollective exhibition.
Casa Cuadrada gallery, Bogotá, Colombie.
Museum Casa Quinta de Bolivar, Bogota, Colombie.
2007Out of dedansCollective exhibition.
Installation mixed medias.
L’Exception gallery, Poitiers, France.
2005Entre chien et loupCollective exhibition.
Le souffle de l’Equinoxe festival, Poitiers, France.
2005Corps étrangerCollective exhibition.
École Européenne Supérieure de l’Image, Poitiers, France.
Articles and catalogs
- Catalog Lumens 2015
- Senal Memoria : Correspondencias: Voces, amor e historia de Manuelita Sáenz y Simón Bolívar
- Periodico Arteria : Las dudas de amor entre Bolívar y Manuelita
- El Nuevo Siglo : Correspondencias, historia de un amor ‘Libertador’
- Universidad de los Andes - Departamento de Arte : “Correspondencias” en la Casa-Museo Quinta de Bolívar